Bienvenue au blog "Reviews & Revues" ou vous trouverez, j'espere, des informations interesantes sur les films, livres, musique et autres interets.

Welcome to my blog where you will find some interesting info i hope on all my interests in the form of reviews of movies, books, music or other.

Expanded rating system:

Entertainment rating: Are you having fun (10), is this too long and boring(1)

Cast/acting rating: good actors, good performance(10)

Artistic rating: What is the artistic value for this film, will it be a classic(10)

Reflexion rating: does the movie stimulate any provocative though(10)

Production rating: how well produced is the film, good FX(10)

Adult factor: is the film children ready for sex, violence, gore(10)

Wide audience: is this film opened for all tastes(10) or genre specific(1)

Overall personnal rating: My view on the worth of that movie to guide your choice

vendredi 15 octobre 2010

Movies recommended or seen lately... les films a voir #94: Iron Man 2

Genre: Sci fi/ Science fiction

Annee/Year: 2010

Format: Blu Ray

Iron Man 2. Jon Favreau has directed a second commercial hit in the suite of the famous Iron man Marvel franchise. Does it do justice to the many fans of Iron Man? Well, before i answer this, let me tell you that Iron Man and Dracula were my two preferate heroes when I was young. Guess it can tell something about me... or maybe not. But definitely I was amongst the happiest people when this new wave of Iron Man was put in place for the new generation (my son as well).

The first movie was more than a solid hit. Robert Downey jr found a perfect fit in this role and the rest his history. Now is the follow up "A la hauteur"? Yes it is a good second part BUT not quite the perfect result as the first one.

Downey Jr plays again a perfect Tony Stark as we follow him in more over the top excesses as can be seen. The gist of the story is that he is slowly being poisoned by the very same material which saved him (in his nuclear heart).He is saved (of course) with the help of the Avenger squad which are introduced to set the table for the continuation of the franchise. The problem is that we never feel that Tony is really in danger. His dead father leads the way for him to resolve the situation which is interesting but not really credible in the way it is presented.

On the other hand, Mickey Rourke plays an excellent part in the movie with great acting. But again he is not used to his full potential for the story in the second part. First half great, second half hohum.
I am sure that everyone will not miss this movie as the first one was so entertaining. But it does not deliver as much as the first of the Iron Man series.

Le second film de cette franchise marque encore une fois un très bon jeu d'acteurs pour Robert Downey Jr. et son oppose: Mickey Rourke. L'histoire très prenante dans la première moitie du film ne carbure pas autant dans la seconde. Il faut voir ce film, si vous aimez le genre action, mais il ne laisse pas un goût si clair que le premier. La franchise de Marvel va se combiner a celle des Avengers l'an prochain alors il faut sans doute plus compter sur un Iron Man 3.

Great quotes:

Senator Stern: I think we're done with the point that he's making. I don't think there's any reason...
Tony Stark: The point is you're welcome, I guess.
Senator Stern: For what?
Tony Stark: Because I'm your nuclear deterrent. It's working. We're safe. America is secure. You want my property? You can't have it. But I did you a big favor. [stands and turns to face the Senate]
Tony Stark: I've successfully privatized world peace. What more do you want? For now! I tried to play ball with these ass-clowns.
Senator Stern: [Bleep] ... you, Mr. Stark.
Senator Stern: [Bleep] ... you, buddy.
...
Tony Stark: Contrary to popular belief, I know exactly what I'm doing...
[generates a new arc reactor, amidst a glass-splintering explosion]
Tony Stark: Oops!
...
Senator Stern: My priority is to get the Iron Man weapon turned over to the people of the United States of America.
Tony Stark: Well, you can forget it. I am Iron Man. The suit and I are one. To turn over the Iron Man suit would be to turn over myself, which is tantamount to indentured servitude or prostitution, depending on what state you're in. You can't have it.
Senator Stern: Look, I'm no expert...
Tony Stark: In prostitution? You're a senator. Come on.
...
Justin Hammer: I'd love to leave my door unlocked at night, but this ain't Canada.
...
Tony Stark: You know, the question I get asked most often is, "Tony, how do you go to the bathroom in the suit?" [pauses with eyes closed]
Tony Stark: Just like that

Link: http://ironmanmovie.marvel.com/

Rating perso: 7.5/10

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire