Bienvenue au blog "Reviews & Revues" ou vous trouverez, j'espere, des informations interesantes sur les films, livres, musique et autres interets.

Welcome to my blog where you will find some interesting info i hope on all my interests in the form of reviews of movies, books, music or other.

Expanded rating system:

Entertainment rating: Are you having fun (10), is this too long and boring(1)

Cast/acting rating: good actors, good performance(10)

Artistic rating: What is the artistic value for this film, will it be a classic(10)

Reflexion rating: does the movie stimulate any provocative though(10)

Production rating: how well produced is the film, good FX(10)

Adult factor: is the film children ready for sex, violence, gore(10)

Wide audience: is this film opened for all tastes(10) or genre specific(1)

Overall personnal rating: My view on the worth of that movie to guide your choice

lundi 14 juin 2010

Movies recommended or seen lately... les films a voir #25: Uncle Buck

Genre: Comedy/Comedie

Year: 1989

Format: DVD

Uncle Buck. Yes you guessed it, this is another comedy in my reviewing of John Hugues portfolio. Happens that this one is also starring a John Candy at this best. Some of the best tag lines in comedy are hidden in this gem. What, you never seen it...shame on you. Movie stars a young Mcauly Culkin at his best even before being a major star in Home alone. Excellent cast, great story, excellent scripts, average movie film quality on technical side.

This is the story of a couple who need a babysitter for a week or so to take care of their 3 children. One of them being a yound adolescent girl in search of herself and unable to relate to her parents anymore. Grounds for fun. Uncle Buck his hilarious and he owns the best '70s car you will ever see on film. Revisit it or see it for first time it is always worth it.

Great quotes: (first meeting between Buck and his nephew) Miles: Where do you live? Buck: In the city. Miles: You have a house? Buck: Apartment. Miles: Own or rent? Buck: Rent. Miles: What do you do for a living? Buck: Lots of things. Miles: Where's your office? Buck: I don't have one. Miles: How come? Buck: I don't need one. Miles: Where's your wife? Buck: Don't have one. Miles: How come? Buck: It's a long story. Miles: You have kids? Buck: No I don't. Miles: How come? Buck: It's an even longer story. Miles: Are you my Dad's brother? Buck: What's your record for consecutive questions asked? Miles: 38. Buck: I'm your Dad's brother alright. Miles: You have much more hair in your nose than my Dad. Buck: How nice of you to notice. Miles: I'm a kid - that's my job.

Great quote #2: (meeting between Buck and the school principal) Buck Russell: I don't think I want to know a six-year-old who isn't a dreamer, or a sillyheart. And I sure don't want to know one who takes their student career seriously. I don't have a college degree. I don't even have a job. But I know a good kid when I see one. Because they're ALL good kids, until dried-out, brain-dead skags like you drag them down and convince them they're no good. You so much as scowl at my niece, or any other kid in this school, and I hear about it, and I'm coming looking for you! [of Anita's mole] Buck Russell: Take this quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face! Good day to you, madam.

Une autre comedie qui met en jeux Candy et dirigee par John Hugues. Faut voir ce classique. La version francaise est malheureusement en dolby 2.0 mais quand meme n'enleve pas trop au film. Si vous n'avez jamais vu, il faut voir; sinon revoir. Ce film a tres bien vieillit. Du John Hugues a son meilleur et sans doute un des meilleur film de Candy. Faut voir!

Link: http://www.unclebuckthemovie.com/

Rating perso: 7.5/10

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire